Orchard 1.1 fixes bugs and addresses common feedback from the prior 1.0 release, and also adds the following new features:
- New design for the administration interface, and several usability workflow improvements.
- Setup recipes: at setup, you have a choice between three installation profiles. It is possible to create your own.
- Module recipes: modules can specify a set of recipe actions to optionally perform when installing, such as downloading and installing dependencies.
- Improved module and theme installation workflow.
- Improved widget and layer management.
- Improved list management.
- A new media picker dialog on the rich editor for uploading, inserting, and browsing media items.
- Improved MSDeploy packaging and deployment from Visual Studio.
Available in the Orchard Gallery for 1.1:
- Import/Export: transfer metadata, data, and settings between sites.
- Designer Tools: New “shape tracing” feature allows you to inspect the rendering of your site to customize and override templates and placement. URL-based alternates are now supported for targeting template overrides at specific URLs.
- Warmup: Improves site response times in shared hosting environments.